Friday, August 15, 2008

Post-Worthy News!

I know that we just posted yesterday, but we have new post-worthy news today. The Stewartsville Fall Festival is this weekend and last night the baby shows took place. Both boys have been in them since they were infants. Christopher placed every year, but this one. We really thought that he might be getting to old, but since this was the last year we even had the option we left it up to him and he said that he wanted to do it. Although I'm not sure he really understood what it was he was doing. Once up there he had no interest in performing in front of people. He just stood their politely and held his number. I thought it was very sweet and he got a purple participation ribbon and he was excited about that. I honestly think that he was more excited about Alex then he was about himself. Both Christopher and Alex took first place in their individual categories last year and Alex took first again this year. When he was handed his little trophy Christopher was so excited he yelled out "My brother won!!". It was SO cute! Here are some pictures from the evening and I'm sure we will be posting more next week after attending the parade on Saturday. The boys are staying the night with MeMaw and Papa in Stewartsville tonight while Sean and I get to have a night out. Yeah!! We have tickets to the comedy club at Zona Rosa and are grabbing some sushi before the show. We haven't had a full night without the boys since I don't know when. We are very excited!!! We will pick them up Saturday morning and head to the parade and take in all of the festival activities. It should be a very busy, but enjoyable weekend.

Christopher riding on a horse. He was very excited to get to do this. I know that the picture is pretty dark, but I'll post some better ones after Saturday.
Christopher coming down the slide
Alexander watching the Mic-O-Say dancers
Christopher proudly showing his ribbon
Alex with his 1st Place trophy

No comments: