Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies & Rosemary Bread...Must mean fall is here!

It's 66 degrees outside, the house smells like cinnamon and rosemary and I'm listening to the crickets outside. I can hear the sound of little boys laughter coming down the hallway as they are trying to listen to a bedtime story in between the tickle fests that are breaking out. I look around and the colors of orange and reds and yellow fill my living room. As a take a sip of my chamomile tea and snuggle a little cozier under my soft blanket I realize that the time of year that I love the most as arrived. Fall! Nothing feels my heart with more joy and contentment than fall. It doesn't hurt that this time of year will always take me back to holding my brand new baby boys or taking a walk at Zona Rosa with a Starbucks in my hand. Since both boys birthdays are in October I always associate fall with the birth of my children. Funny how I can tend to block out the being uncomfortably 9 months pregnant and waddling through Babies R'Us trying to get those last minute things. Nevertheless, fall is my most favorite time of the year and while the weather may yet again change reminding us that it's technically still summer, it's labor day
weekend and I'm making the transition whether mother nature agrees or not.


So today we embraced the fall like weather starting with a trip to church with the windows rolled down. The best part was that I finally got to break out all of the fall/winter scarfs. And just the other day I picked up a new pair of red pumps that I could not wait to pair with my red scarf and thanks to the beautiful weather today was that day.
My amazing husband has gotten the itch to start baking bread which is awesome for everyone. The boys love bread as much as I do and the smell that permeates the house is so welcoming. Thanks to this itch after a wonderful church service this morning we walked into a house smelling of rosemary and Italian herbs....oh and just a little bit of heaven. It was divine and we managed to wipe out the entire loaf between lunch and dinner today.

After lunch we took advantage of having nothing planned and hit the bike trail.



And since the boys didn't get the chance to ride their bikes on the trail we decided that a trip up to the school playground was necessary. Which gave me a great opportunity to take some pictures of my adorable boys.


With all of that we truly were in the fall mood, however, the true mark of fall came when we got home and the boys asked if we could make pumpkin cookies. So with this, the first patch of Pumpkin Cookies, we welcome fall!

No comments: